It’s almost Easter and boy do we have some exciting news! Sorry but only a few more days till the big reveal!!! To pass some time we can talk ideas.
Baby K is now over a year and Little D is going on 4. So this year we decided to start our new tradition. EGG DECORATING! Sounds silly to be excited but I am. This year I stocked up on fake eggs. I know I know they should be real but come on! I am the only person in this house who eats hard boiled eggs and frankly I do not see myself eating that many eggs.
The baskets have been bought. The kids picked them out for the Easter Bunny to fill. We of course put in candy. Lollipops and chocolate eggs but they get a few gifts too. Everyone gets a PJ set, movie and one toy. Baby K got new magnets for the fridge. Just click the LINK to see for yourself. We have those silly basic numbers and letters that if they get wet the paper comes right off. Talk about a choking hazard. If your child is anything like mine what ever is on the fridge gets torn off at last 5 times a day. So in short I am very excited to throw them away and put her news ones up! They are big enough that I am at ease about choking if I have to ever turn my back away.
Like my mother did for my siblings and I, I hide the baskets for baby K and Little D to find. Something easy, like under the table. Finally we end our night in the freshly washed PJs, popcorn and movie night.
I would love to hear anything that you love to do for Easter! It is always fun to start new traditions.
If you haven’t noticed already the website has changed a little bit. Life is changing so it is time for a new look. I haven’t made a post in about a month now because things have gotten a little crazy! I am in the middle of making the transition from stay at home mom to working full time mom. Let me say something to anyone who works and juggles parenthood. I applaud you; It is not easy.
Working brings (I will touch on each bullet)
- Less sleep
- Sluggish mornings
- Hitting snooze a few more times
Less sleep is so hard and goes in hand with the following three bullets. The husband doesn’t get home till the wee morning hours and I have to be up at 5am. Let us keep in mind my daughter doesn’t go to bed till 4am. Sleep is far and few for this momma. I hit snooze at least three times now and my coffee is on auto brew. Let’s face it, who hasn’t put their eyeliner on in the bathroom at work!?
Guilt is a hard one to deal with. I struggle knowing that my children, husband and family see me less. I loved staying home and basking in the enjoyment I get from seeing my children play. It adds extra strain on any relationship because now my attention can not be focused on just my children, husband or family. I now have colleagues and customers who get that attention too.
Working also brings a sense of accomplishment to me. I strive to provide better for my family. Life is not about money. Would I like more? Of course!!!! I’m trying to provide in a sense that I want my children to see they can accomplish what ever they strive for.
Cook 3 1/2-4 hours on Low
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 (16 ounce) alfredo sauce
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown beef in medium skillet. Mix with tomato sauce, paste, garlic, salt and onion.
- Layer bottom of crock pot with 3/4 cup of meat sauce followed by 3 lasgana noodles (break to fit if needed).
- Layer 3/4 cup of meat sauce over lasgana followed by 3/4 cup of alfredo and lastly 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layering lasgana followed by meat sauce, alfredo and mozzerella (I usually get 4 layers).
- Top with 1/2 mozzerella and sprinkle parsley.
Dig in and enjoy!
Last Sunday the hubby and I went out and decided to see Suicide Squad. Overall I loved it and do not see why it only scored a 23% at Rotten Tomatoes. I’m going to try and stay away from spoilers as much as possible in this review so I’m sorry in advance if anything is vague.
- I personally think each actor portrayed their characters very well. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical of Will Smith playing Deadshot but as usual he was fantastic. Jared Leto showed a different joker than I’m use to and he hit it out of the park!
- I understand you only get so much movie time so fitting everyone’s background can be a bit of a challenge. It was a bit rushed to me. Quinn has a lot of flashbacks to show how she came to be and her relationship with the Joker while everyone else seem to be rather quick and short. As for killer Croc there wasn’t much there and I personally would have loved a little more.
- Costume!!! They all kicked ass! Once again there was some controversy about Harley Quinn’s costume choice. I loved it. Just because you’re good looking doesn’t mean you can’t kick some butt doing it. Enchantress you were a bit creepy and I’m a huge fan!
- I was a but disappointed in the ending. I know I know I know they’re all criminals!!! How else would it end? I’m not going into detail with this for all you people who didn’t watch but I was a little disappointed….
So over all I will give a 4 out of 5 stars! Let me know what you thought! Also adding this review is not based off of comic/movie likeness.
I’m going to change things up a little bit and stray from my usual topics. Mostly because I am curious to hear what you all have to say! So I will just jump into this with my bucket list!! On a side note as most of you know on my Facebook page ( just click the link or it is also in the menu bar on my wordpress page )I’m only 21 and with two children so I haven’t gotten to do much…
- Visit New York at Christmas! (This is my biggest for my bucket list. It may sound silly but I’ve always wanted to experience the magic of New York this time of year.)
- See a sunset at the beach
- Have grandchildren (I realize that it’s possible this won’t happen and I would be happy either way.)
- Go to a casino in LA
- Go whale spotting
- Own a cow (unless you are my husband you do not understand how much I love them 💜)
- Visit Wales
- Stay at the Abbeyglen Castle Hotel in Ireland
- Meet Paul McCartney
- See my children be happy in life
There you have it!!! My bucket list. I’m looking forward to reading yours.
Kinlee is now 7 months and showing a lot of interest in eating. It’s exciting and a little bit sad. I am in the “please stop growing” and drink some milk mind set. I’m a little slower on starting her on food because of this.
Some people say “food before one is just for fun.” But I strongly believe that when a child is ready they will let you know. She is constantly grabbing at my plate and opening her mouth. Getting mad and crying when I refuse to give her anything from my plate. So I gave into her demands and introduced her to some fun foods. Eggs and green beans! She loved both!
Eggs is an amazing solid to start with. They’re quick and easy for your little one to mush. Another favorite I have would be cooked sliced carrots. Once again you need something easy for baby to mush in their mouth. A lot of people ask about pasta. It’s a food that adults tend to eat a lot of and very quick to make. When introducing pasta be careful! It needs to be fully cooked and cut into little pieces. It is one of those foods that babies tend to choke or gag easily on. Most doctors recommend holding off between 8-10 months for this one. Just remember to have fun and enjoy the mess!
When you’re sleeping I often wonder what you are dreaming about. Could it be playing at the park? Maybe a fun day splashing in the lake? What ever it is I hope it is happy. I lay next to you and count my blessings. Soak in just how big you are getting. Some day you will not need me next to you to fall asleep and that is okay. We have now.
Someday you will not take a bottle or breast. Someday you will not be rocked to sleep. Someday I will go to bed and sleep a full night because you will be grown with your own family. Or will I still lay awake in amazement at how grown you are? My day is filled with “stop growing!” and “I cant wait till you’re big enough for (fill in the blank).” As you grow you will forever be my small babe.
I can see myself in 30 years looking back at my blog. For now it seems so far away but I know then it will feel like yesterday. So grow and blossom into the best that you can be. Be unique and be happy. Be successful and full of love. Know you are loved by many. Travel the world and find love. Do what ever it is that you are dreaming of.
So I will laugh at your milk mustache and we can blow bubbles in our juice. We can play in the rain and eat popcorn at 3 AM. You will only be this size once and I plan to enjoy and capture as much as I can. I hope someday you will understand how deep a parents love can be. I hope you understand just how special you are. There is only one you so be the best that you can be and I promise I will the best me.